Friday, August 14, 2009

"Ponyo" In Theaters Now!



Just a quick reminder that Hayao Miyazaki's Ponyo (Japanese title Gake no Ue no Ponyo meaning "Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea") comes out in theaters around the US today. It is not a huge release, but chances are if you live near a major metropolitan area or a theater with an interest in showing anime, Ponyo is playing near you. Disney has actually been marketing the film pretty well and I've even seen trailers on TV. Unfortunately, none of the ones I've found on YouTube will embed, so we'll have to make do with some links.

The first US trailer and the second one.

One of the Japanese trailers, including the theme song guaranteed to get stuck in your head.

And even some ads for some of the Ponyo merchandise available in Japan.

Being a big Miyazaki fan, I'm pretty excited for this movie. A couple of friends and I are working out the details of our plans to see it this weekend. I'll share my thoughts with you once I've had a chance to see it. In the meantime, check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

Image copyright Disney and Studio Ghibli

No comments:

Post a Comment